By using an agent to purchase insurance, the policy holder receives more personal service. An agent with whom there is direct contact can be vital when purchasing a product and absolutely necessary when filing a claim. A local independent agent is able to deliver quality insurance with competitive pricing and local, personalized service.

The amount of coverage needed depends on each individual situation. Our experienced agents will help you obtain what you need.

Depending on the type of insurance and the size of your premium, most insurance carriers allow different payment plans. We will explain all of your payment options.

Try to determine if anyone is injured. If the accident is minor, emergency help may not be necessary, but call for an ambulance if you have doubts. Then call the police. An officer will tell you whether you can move the vehicles and will take statements from those involved. As soon as you can, call your agent.

Uninsured and underinsured (UM/UIM) coverage is designed to pay for medical bills and pain and suffering if an uninsured driver hits you. You can also buy uninsured property coverage for damage to your auto. With this valuable protection, you’ll be able to repair your car and avoid using your collision coverage, which pays after you pay your deductible.

The umbrella policy provides excess liability limits in the event of a catastrophic loss. Once the underlying limits of the business auto, general liability or employer’s liability policies are exhausted, the umbrella liability policy kicks in to provide additional financial coverage.

This is optional coverage that gives you the full cost to repair or replace your personal property if it is damaged or destroyed. On a standard policy, you get actual cash value in the event of loss to your personal property. For example, without replacement cost coverage if your television set is destroyed by fire and it’s 5 years old, you’ll get the actual cash value of the set—let’s say, $180. However, a comparable set now costs $475. With replacement cost coverage, you’ll get the full $475, less your deductible.

A standard homeowners policy should cover you, but you’ll need to let your agent know that the house is under construction.